Saturday, January 12, 2013

Sleek One Finishing Powder Review and Swatches





Product: Sleek ONE finishing powder
Cost: $9.49 AUD
Purchased at: http://www.sleekmakeup.com/face/powder/one-finishing-powder
Overall rating: 5/10
Colour: 'one' shade ... get it?? 

This powder contains shimmer. It reminds me, sort of, by that new Chanel powder that was a holiday release, with the shimmers throughout it. 
For setting purposes, it sets makeup quite well and I do like the cooling effect when applied. However, the shimmers can be a problem if you have large pores or suffer from oily skin. I have quite dry and quite smooth skin so I quite enjoy this powder, except I rarely reach for it as it gets quite messy. 

It is so finely milled and the shimmer is also very fine but again, it does show up. The swatches below, with flash, picks up this shimmer. I suggest using this as a highlight if you're planning on taking pictures as with flash it does look very ethereal as a highlight shade. 



I'm not sure how great this would do for darker skin tones even though Sleek brands it as one shade fits all. You may have to look up reviews for darker skin tones if that applies to you but for my fair-medium skin it works well for daily use if I know I'm going to be inside and not doing any flash photography as when this power hits the sun or flash, you've got some Edward Cullen business happening!

Sleek markets this power as being able to mattify. Although it does mattify the skin, it also has the glowing particles in it so that is something to consider when buying. 


2 comments:

  1. looks like a great finishing powder! i don't mind a little sparkle here and there but a face full of glitter is a no no :)

    My Blog: Caught in a Daze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it is a good finishing powder! As I said, it sits very nicely on the skin, but yes, the shimmer is a bit...odd looking sometimes hehe :)

      Delete