Friday, January 18, 2013

Nars Turkish Delight Dupes (Australia edition) - Swatches included




So Nars Turkish Delight lip gloss is a classic in my collection. I really do love it. I bought it when Nars was having a sale on their holiday gift sets in 2011 and I bought a pack of five glosses for $44, which is extremely cheap! 

I'm not too sure how much the RRP is here in Australia, but I presume it would be over $60...maybe. 

It is a milky, creamy pink with a hint of a peach undertone. I think it became uber famous because of Kim Kardashian saying it was her favourite gloss, but don't let that steer you away! 

It applies well, although it does take a bit for me to work it into my lips so that it's smooth, it can be streaky but it's a very pretty nude gloss. Great for fair-tan/deeper skin tones.

The texture is slightly tacky but not sticky for me. It lasts a long time on the lips as well. Some people have a love/hate thing with the Nars gloss texture, but I don't think it's too sticky at all.
In my three hour shifts at work, I never re-apply and it tends to stay well for three hours, (without drinking or eating of course.)

In this post I have listed my top dupe and a few others below which are not exactly the same colour or feel as Turkish Delight but they do give the same effect on the lips.


Here we go! 

My top dupe:


Australis lip gloss in: LAMBADA 
(I have a sample size here, beside my Nars deluxe sample of Turkish Delight, it's normally a lot larger)

The Australis Lambada looks a tonne more pink in the tube but really, swatched, the pink only shows up as a minute difference.

They both have the same consistency, maybe Turkish Delight is slightly more sticky, but overall they have the same finish and feel when worn.
Any differences: 
Nars slightly more peach, Australis slightly more pink.


Right: Lambada; Left: Turkish Delight.
See the small difference from pink to peach.
For Budget seekers though, the Australis is a fine dupe.

Without Flash
(top: Australis Lambada;
bottom: Nars Turkish Delight)

With Flash
(top: Australis Lambada;
bottom: Nars Turkish Delight)


Some other dupes:

Now, as I said, these dupes are not complete and total copies of Nars Turkish Delight, but they are pretty close and give the same overall look to the lips. 

Maybe not perfect, but whatever, they are other options anyways : ) 


Left-Right:
Revlon Colourburst lip gloss #042 Bellini; Revlon Superlustrous lip gloss #150 Peach Petal; Nars Turkish Delight; Australis Lambada; Sleek Pout Polish #964 Peach Perfection

With Flash
(same order as above)

 Briefly about each gloss:
1. Revlon Colourburst lip gloss #042 Bellini: More orange toned. Opaque in application like Turkish Delight. Great nude if you look better with peach blushes/deeper bronzers.

2. Revlon Superlustrous lip gloss #150 Peach Petal: Slightly more peach but also very close. In the swatches (you can see swatched second from left, right beside Nars) you can see the similarities very well. They look and feel so similar on the lips. 
A very close second to Lambada in the top dupe!

3. Sleek Pout Polish #964 Peach Perfection: More peach, but a more sheer formula and is great if you just want to slap it on without a mirror as Turkish Delight tends to be quite streaky, it's best to have a mirror handy but with Sleek's version, it's just a slap and go thing. Great wet look gloss this one and the colour is pretty right on with Nars. Doesn't last too long on the lips though but it does feel more moisturizing too.
Without Flash
(same order as above)
You can see the differences more prominently here. But I'm just showing you some other options here.























Overall thoughts: 

I do love Turkish Delight a lot, however, as it is super expensive I don't think I could afford to buy it in full size so it's nice to have the other options.
Whether these dupes be peachier or pinker, at least they give some variety with different skin tones and they all still get that 'look' of Turkish Delight.

The Australis dupe in Lambada is the best dupe I could find and it's quite cheap here and even cheaper if you keep and eye out for two for one sales on Australis as they have them quite frequently in Priceline!
But, as I said, Revlon's Superlustrous in Peach Petal is a close second!

Hope this helps!!

Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment