Monday, January 14, 2013

Best Taupe Eyeshadows! A few of my favourites.....


So, taupe shadows are my favourite shadows to wear. Everyone classifies 'taupe' differently, so I am just going to briefly describe my ideal taupe shade. My ideal taupe is something cool toned, but I also have a few new warmer taupe favourites for the summer. I like them to have a bit of shimmer and obviously blend well. A fantastic taupe for me is also something that can be worn alone for one shadow looks, which all of my favourites are.

Let's get into my faves!!


 This quad from Maybelline in Natural Smokes is FANTASTIC! My favourite shade, as far as taupe is concerned, is the top right 'lid' shade.
Great all over the lid shade, as suggested, but I love wearing it alone with a dark kohl blended at the lash line. Love it.
(People have also said this is a dupe for MAC satin taupe eyeshadow)






This next quad I've already done a blog post on, but it's the Over the Taupe quad from Essence.
Go and read my Essence review for a full speech about how much I love this quad so I don't have to ramble on again here.
I particularly love the lower left shade there but I love this palette overall. Formula, colours and shade selection.
Perfectly chic and amaaaa-zing!!


I'm sorry I can't figure out how to flip that photo above horizontal but nonetheless...
 These two Loreal Infallible shadows are very different taupes. Super shimmery and amazing!
Flashback silver is very cool and very frosted and some might consider it a straight up silver but I included it because blended with a matte cool brown in the crease when this is all over the lid is such a nice effect.
And Tender Caramel is a warm, shimmery taupey shade. Great for tanned skin in the summer! It shows up on my lids a lot darker than it swatched/photographed but that'll just depend on skin tone as well : )




 Finally, my two individual taupe shades and these are just about my favourites. 
One  is a lighter taupe, the other is a sultry dark tone. Both work well together as a duo or alone. 
I forget how much these shadows cost, around $22?, but they are cheaper and larger sizes than MAC and they are amazing quality. 
I do prefer them over MAC actually btw... 

Both are from INGLOT...obviously haha
The lighter one, PEARL 401, is a fantastic everyday all over the lid  colour. It shows up darker on the skin that in the pan (see swatches left for better colour representation) . 
It also shows up a lot warmer than in the pan too. 
LOVE THIS COLOUR SO MUCH.
The darker shade, PEARL 435, is great for nights out where I don't have that much time to get ready or I am adapting a day look to night. I just blend this all over my lid and into my crease and it's perfect. Easiest smokey eye combo these two! 












Just a final note...
If you're a beauty junkie, you're probably all wondering where Satin Taupe from MAC is in my little collection of faves. Well, you'd be surprised to know I do not own Satin Taupe. SHOCKER! But every time I go to MAC they seem to be sold out of it. The last time I went to MAC to ask them, they were once again sold out, that's why I went to INGLOT and found myself some other taupes hehe...cheeky.

Until next time beauty freaks...

No comments:

Post a Comment