Saturday, January 12, 2013

Sleek Glisten Me Review and Swatches- Empress






Product: Sleek Glisten Me
Cost: $6.99 AUD
Purchased at: http://www.sleekmakeup.com/face/bronzers-and-highlighters/glisten-me
Overall rating: 9/10
Colour: Empress


 This is an amazing 'drugstore' or cheaper liquid highlight. It comes in two shades, Empress, more of a lighter shade, and Goddess, which is a much darker tone for those dark skinned women out there : )

The colour payoff is quite minimal, which is what is needed for a highlight of this character, so if you are fair and want a sort of deeper shimmery bronzer shade, maybe try Goddess out and blend that into the cheeks. It could work as a summery glow for you medium skins too!

It is such a finely milled highlight even for the liquid texture. It has such fine little pigments which when blended give the skin such a beautiful dewy glow. Stunning.
For the $6.99 price, I was blown away. Originally I was expecting some cheap glittery highlight with chunks of glitter but no, this is really beautiful on the skin.

You get so much product as well and I like the paddle applicator within so you don't have wastage of having to tip it onto you hand or brush. It is quite a thick consistency, it won't run out of the bottle on you or anything and it blends flawlessly.

I apply with fingertips, but sometimes I use my foundation brush and blend it into my skin that way.
You can see from swatches just how much shine this knocks back. In daylight, it is even more beautiful.


With Flash
Without Flash


No comments:

Post a Comment