Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Sleek Glo Face Highlighter Review and Swatches- Peach Shimmer















Product: Sleek Glo Face highlight
Cost: $8.49 AUD
Purchased at: http://www.sleekmakeup.com/catalog/product/view/id/263/category/303/?___store=default
Overall rating: 9/10
Colour: Peach Shimmer

Sleek Glo highlighter in Peach Shimmer is one of my all time favorite highlights. 
If you are an avid YouTube watcher like myself, then you would've heard of Pixi2woo and her love for Dior Amber Diamonds highlighter. Now I have never ever tried Amber Diamonds but here in Aus it's going to be a cost between $60-$90 (though I've never found out the price, I'm sure it'd be a lot more than that actually) and I just wasn't in the right money space to try that. So, I hunted and found this on Sleek. I love Sleek so much that I decided to buy this one.

I wasn't disappointed  It has a very gold based shimmer when the four shades are swatched together which is what I do when I place it atop my cheekbones BUT if you wanted to wear these as shadows, go for it! They'd be super shimmery and gorgeous! 
(See below for swatches of colours individually and colours once swirled.) 

There are no chunky glitter pieces, it's quite a fine highlight. Super pretty!

Best applied with a highlight brush or I've even used a classic foundation brush for a super shimmer on my cheeks. 

They do have two other colours so if you think this is going to be too light for you, again, Sleek has options for the fairest of fair to the deepest of ebony skin tones : )
This comes in three shades.

LOVE IT!!! 

Swatches with Flash

Swatches in natural light
**in sunlight it looks very shimmery, my room was quite dark ; )  

2 comments:

  1. Hi lovely review. I was just wondering what size in cm the glo pallet is :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is 6cmx6cm, very conpact and nice packaging, and it contains 8.2g of product, which is quite a lot! xxoo

      Delete