Monday, November 12, 2012

Australian CHANEL Soleil Tan De Chanel Review


Cost: $75 AUD
Purchased at: MYER Chanel Counter
Overall Rating: 9/10


Okay, so this is my first review and it is for the Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel cream bronzer. 
Now, price wise, this is pretty expensive, but after much use of mine I've found that a little goes a long way, making this product quite cost effective in the long term.

FINISH: 

The finish is demi-matte on the skin but having said that, when you look at the product when its in the jar it does have small amounts of shine, shimmer not appropriate here, but there is a glow to the product when it's in the jar and slightly on the skin. The shine doesn't add grease to the skin, it makes it perfectly glowing in a way.
This would be amazing for brides to wear beneath the cheekbone for a contour that doesn't look fake at all.
(I use this for a contour daily!)


The bronzer picks up the shine and is not greasy at all


APPROPRIATE SKIN TONES:

Fair skin tones might find it difficult to blend/too orange on your skin tone. For fair skins though, if you work with it using a light hand and dabbing excess product onto your hand before going onto the cheeks, you might really love it. (Blending with your foundation brush will also help to make this go on beautifully!)

Medium skin tones will have the best luck with this bronzer, my skin tone is fair/medium and I adore this for contouring or bronzing, depending on the time of year and my level of tan.

Deeper skin tones and dark ebony skin tones, this bronzer may not show up as anything but I have not tried it on richer skin tones myself.

APPLICATION:

A light hand is key in all applications.
I have found my perfect application to be a semi-dense synthetic brush is the best way to apply this to contour cheekbones, temples, nose and jawline for a super natural looking contour shade. 

I have also used foundation brushes, stippling brushes and flat top kabuki style brushes also work amazing with this product. Use your creativity with your brushes, the typical blush brush is good, but sometimes other brushes work better.
**But make sure they are synthetic as you do not want to ruin your natural hair brushes by dipping them into this cream.  On a side note: EcoTools brushes are synthetic and they've got a flat top buffer brush which works great in this Chanel cream bronzer.


Swatch is highly concentrated. You need the most minimal amount on the cheeks/skin

STAYING POWER:

Very long staying power on this. I have worn it alone and set it with a powder and both times provided at least eight hours of good quality wear. Note that I have normal/dry skin, oily skin tones though, this is a cream which sets quite quickly on the skin to a dry cream texture so don't be turned away just because it is a cream.

SUMMARY:



I think, if you have the money to spare and you are a makeup fiend, then go for it! It's a great bronzer and experimental product and it looks great sitting on a vanity or bathroom counter. 
Having said that, the price of seventy-five AUSTRALIAN dollars is A LOT in my opinion. I bought this with a $50 voucher. But as I said before, it's lasting me so long. 
Some cons are that brush hairs do shed in the product. I've tried numerous brushes of varying costs and it took me ages to find a brush which didn't shed in it and ever since I've used it every day. 
It might not work on your skin tone, so go and get them to test it on you at a Chanel counter and do not be intimidated to ask! It's okay to ask them to try it on you in store, which is what I did many times before buying ; )
I don't know what it is about this, but it adds a glow without adding grease and every time I wear it I get compliments on how amazing my skin looks.
This is sort of a cult favorite on YouTube and in the pro makeup world and I have to say I am very glad I did end up getting this. 

This is a highly luxurious product and it's just amazing, recommend it if you've got the money to spend and if you love the idea of a natural looking cream bronzer or contour, depending on your skin tone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment